Pressure cooker is a very useful appliance to have in your kitchen. It is popular among many cooks owing to the fact that it saves much time and energy in cooking food. Pressure cooking reduces cooking time and cooking energy by over 70% as compared to other conventional methods of cooking. Did you know that a pressure cooker can also be used for baking? What’s more? It produces the same results as an oven would. This fact is especially helpful for those who do not have an oven. I am going to describe in easy way chocolate cake recipe for you to try in your pressure cooker. Once you have had success with this recipe, you can try other recipes as well. Any recipe that works for an oven will work with a pressure cooker as well.
- Flour 1 cup
- Granulated sugar 1 cup
- Cocoa powder ½ cups
- Eggs 2
- Milk ¼ cup
- Oil or butter ¼ cup
- Baking powder 1 ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence ½ tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- In a large bowl, first combine all the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the liquid ingredients, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence and mix by a hand whisk or a mixer or blender.
- Grease a baking dish and transfer the contents into the dish.
- Heat the pressure cooker without anything inside it, on high flame for 3 to 4 minutes with the lid closed and gasket removed. We are not pressure cooking because we have not added water.
- Pressure cookers comes with a metal stand, if you don’t know about that than visit https://pressurecookergirl.com/ and she can helps you in understanding all parts of pressure cooker and their purpose too . Place the stand on the base of the cooker and your baking dish over it. If you don’t have a metal stand, you can use a steel plate. If that is not available either, you can place some flat medium sized stones on the base before putting the baking dish over it. The purpose is to avoid direct contact with the base. The sides of the baking dish should not come in contact with the walls of the cooker either.
- Close the lid (without pressure) and cook on low flame for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. To check if the cake is done, insert a toothpick vertically into the center of the cake. If it comes out clear, your cake is done. If not, close the lid and cook till it’s done.
- Keep checking at intervals, to avoid overcooking or burning.
This recipe will yield a cake so yummy and moist you’ll be making it again and again. You can also try more complicated cake recipes with your pressure cooker once you get the hang of it.